Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Halloween Fun!




Happy "October" Month! (as Mollie likes to say- cause the decorations are out, but its not Halloween yet!) Grandma Cox made sure that the kids all had fun Halloween shirts to wear! Easton wants to wear his everyday, who cares if it is dirty!















While putting out our Halloween decorations, I decided that I would paint a ghost on the front window! (Cheap decoration!) Mollie and Easton decided that this looked like great fun, so they also wanted to paint on the front window! Now I might be a "cool" mom, but I'm not that cool! So we compromised! They each got to paint on their bedroom window (they are in the basement)!




Mollie painted ... a bat???, and the letters AB and AL. We were having some friends come over and Mollie loves their girls. She was so excited she decided to write their names on the window (or at least the first 2 letters of their names!) Do we really have to leave it on until Halloween?






Easton painted a scarecrow for his picture! He really wanted it to have a large Haunted House behind it, but I told him to think simple. Maybe next year we can try something more extravagant!

4 comments:

Ann said...

You are a cool mom! What a fun idea. Easton is quite the artist, and Mollie looks so cute in her dancing outfit. Your kids are adorable! Halle still comments on coming to your house and Mollie being sad (too bad it was Halle who made Mollie sad). And I take it as a huge compliment that Sylvia let me hold her for so long. Cute family!

The Butler Clan said...

Sylvia is getting so big!!! We are excited to see you all in December when we come in for the Holidays.

Daniel, Stephanie, & Chloe said...

You are definitely a lot "cooler" than me. I don't even let Daniel put decorations up or paint on the windows. Perhaps Easton and Mollie are more clean and in control of their painting! :)

Foxyboxy said...

Halloween is very welcome at our house! Wow--you guys invite the holiday in like no one else. And I like your compromise. Not only are you a "cool" mom, you're a "Crisis Aversion" specialist! :) Tell Mollie and Easton I love their art. And while you're at it, tell Mollie I think she's a spectacular dancer, also. : )