Monday, October 27, 2008

To Breed or Not To Breed


Dave and I have always thought our kids to be cute!
(seriously who wouldn't)
We obviously gave them great genes in that department!
(Okay, Dave did most of the giving)
As they have gotten older, however, we are quickly learning!
Although it "appears" we passed on our amazing genes...
We really messed it up!

Our cute little Easton was born with allergies~ tons of allergies!
Food allergies, Outdoor allergies, Pet allergies
(that too is a big thanks to Dave's genetics)


He also had HUGE Tonsils!
Yep, at 18 months they were ripped out~
Stopped his breathing at night!

No worries though, we thought perhaps we
could get it right the second time around!
As for Little Miss Mollie, we have just found out that she has a little problem!
She has slight hearing loss! All of the symptoms point towards fluid in the ears...
BUT... No Fluid! Amazing how that works!

Once again Dave and I have discovered
OUR genetics = Quirkiness!

One could have only hoped that Sweet Sylvia would have been lucky enough to slip
through the cracks of "BAD" genes!


But as we all know, she was trouble before she even got here!
There is no hope for her!

Dave and I should be banned from breeding!
Our genes just don't mix!

We are extremely grateful for Modern Medicine...
As they have taken care of all of the bad genes we so generously passed along!

8 comments:

Foxyboxy said...

Genes, schmenes. At least your kids are normal in all the ways that count--you know, mentally and that sort of thing. :)

Daniel, Stephanie, & Chloe said...

Poor kids! To think, with the Cox pull of genes you'd think they'd be perfect little things...stinkin' Horsley allergy and other problems. But they do get Dave's big brown eyes and looks so I can't complain, eh? They are ADORABLE!!! Can't wait to see them this weekend! Happy Birthday (soon) to Easton!!!

Ashley said...

Your kids are so dang cute!! I love the tonsil picture.

Sonnie's Stories said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the picture of your kids at the top of this post. What a cute little family. It seems like it was just yesterday that I was visiting you when you were preggo with your first baby. I guess that was years ago.

Michelle said...

Either way, you make beautiful children!

Ann said...

I remember when poor Easton had his tonsils out. But your kids are adorable!

P.S. How did Dave's test go? We're sending out good vibes for him! Go Dave!

Heaps Crew said...

Kimberly,
I just now found your blog and am SOOO happy to be able to keep better tabs on what your cute little family is up to. And, hey, if they look hard enough they will find something wrong with each of our adorable little children, huh? Ben could tell you all about that! Hey, and I thought about you and the other Kim Horsely lots the other day as I struggled to make a Jedi costume without your help! It sure made me miss you!

Ashlee said...

Hello Kim!
Finally I find you, and now you have 3 kids. Hooray!!!!! They are beautiful. What a fun blog. I'm excited to stay in touch. You can check out mine, too:)