Sunday, December 7, 2008

All Things Christmas


In December everything I do is all about Christmas! (I'm sure it is the same for you). I'm going to think a very "Scrooge" thing: Christmas almost (I didn't say it, just thought it) gives me a giant headache! Okay really, I love Christmas, but this year I have almost had it with the cards! I have been working on them for what seriously seems life forever!
I'll tell you what my problem is.....
I watched someone make one & thought -
"That's not hard, I could do that!"
What a joke!


Not only is it the hardest thing I have ever done, I have decided that I do not have one creative gene in my entire body! At one point in our marriage, Dave informed me that I never should have passed kindergarten.... I never learned to cut in a straight line. I can honestly say that I now believe him! My cute friend Melody made me a template (for what she called an easy card)! "Hey thanks for the help Melody - seriously your the best, but to be honest they aren't as easy, as you said!"

I've cut, I've glued, I've tied ribbon....
and they still look pretty sad! Christmas cards just might not be happening this year! Bah Humbug!
BUT...
I do love the Christmas Decorations, the Christmas Lights, the Light Parade, the Holiday Treats, the Advent Calender, the Christmas Books, the Christmas Music, the Christmas Spirit, and of course I love getting your Christmas Cards!

1 comment:

Cory, Jeri, Brock and Parker T. said...

You seriously crack me up!!! I love reading your blog. Sometimes you remind me so much of myself. We just may have gone to the same Kindergarten! I can't wait to see your Christmas cards.