Yesterday while cooking up some dinner, I heard a knock on the door! What do you know, nice neighbors had come bearing yummy treats! As I stood in the doorway chatting (it would have been rude not to), I held Sylvia in an arm, and the candy plate in the same hand. As we said goodbye, something went terribly wrong. Not exactly quite sure what (Sylvia squirmed, I tripped, the treats were falling - who really knows), but the next thing I felt was pure pain! I seriously wanted to start crying. I glanced at my poor thumb which I had just slammed in the door - and I mean I slammed it! Hi-yah! The sad looking finger was already turning black under the nail. For a slight moment, I thought about curling intoYes HE DID! Drilled a hole right through the nail. I must confess it hurt like a bugger for a moment, but then ahh...sweet relief. The pressure was gone! Never in my life would I have guess that drilling a hole through you fingernail could be quite so delightsome! It is amazing how some people get their kicks!



6 comments:
I had that happen to me as a teenager. Hurts like a bugger. The drill really does work though. Glad that you got some relief. What would we do without dads?!
WOW, that sucks!! I'm sorry about that.. Thanks for the info, if I ever slam my finger I'll know what to do... Have a great day.
Looks NASTY and AWFUL! So sorry! I hated to see that even worse than hearing about it! :)
I LOVE your blog. It cracks me up everytime. I am so glad that you had your dad to help. I hope you guys have a very Merry Christmas. I loved your card!
OUCH! That looks so painful! Your dad is a wonder! How handy to have him close by.
Boyd's not big into blogging - reading or writing them. But he happened to see yours and had to immediately tell me about your poor thumb. It made a big impression on him. I can just see him filing away the new info he got from it and can already see him trying to drill holes into our children's smashed thumbnails. Heaven help us! Glad to hear it's feeling better.
Post a Comment